Header - Thunder Bird Park

Early Park Title

Open-sided Building, 1941, and Canoes,
19th century

This structure, erected at the north end of Thunderbird Park in 1941, incorporated original carvings obtained from Kwakwaka’wakw and Nuu-chah-nulth communities by Charles F. Newcombe between 1911 and 1913. Although the carvings were authentic, the structure was not an accurate portrayal of a Northwest Coast First Nations house. 

Click on objects to get information

Back to Map