The Ties that Bind Canada / Des liens qui unissent notre pays

Railway station, St. John’s
Gare Ferroviaire, St John’s

The West End railway station, also known as the Riverhead station, was built in 1901-1902 to designs prepared by W.H. Massey, Chief Structural Engineer of Reid Newfoundland Co., the initial owner of the Newfoundland Railway, using native granite blocks. Photograph by Robert Edwards Holloway.

La gare de West End, également connue sous le nom de la gare de Riverhead, a été construite en 1901-1902 à des dessins préparés par W.H. Massey, Chef Ingénieur Structure de Reid Newfoundland Co., Le premier propriétaire du chemin de fer de Terre-Neuve, utilisant des blocs de granit naturels. Photographie de Robert Edwards Holloway.